Changes to ‘Meeting the Australian Study Requirement’
To meet the Australian Study Requirement, students must currently:
- have completed their study in Australia;
- in a total of no less than 16 calendar months; and
- whilst holding a visa authorizing study;
- must result in eligible degree, diploma or trade qualification; and
- must be registered on the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS) with instruction being in English.
This is set to change with International Students being able use the proportion of the time they have spent studying online in their home country count towards meeting the Australian Study Requirement.
This is in no doubt driven by the unfortunate circumstances surrounding the CV-19 pandemic. This is great news for International Students who imagined the pandemic would delay their plans in being able to meet the Australian Study Requirement. The changes are expected to be announced by the Australian government in the coming weeks.